A Little Bit About Me
Without
Jesus Christ, my life would have taken a completely different path. Growing up, like many others, I encountered
abuse, homelessness, low-self-esteem, had no sense of belonging, and never knew
my real father. I constantly struggled
at home as a child, and often gave my mother hell. Needless to say, I had anger issues. My stepfather was constantly in-and-out of
prison, so my mother basically raised my younger brother and I, to the best of
her ability. Both of my parents are
Deaf, so this added another complicated dynamic to my childhood. I often felt the pressure to assist my mother
in doing many things e.g. being the interpreter for most things. My life had its fair share of struggles, but
when I gave my life to Jesus, He turned my pain into joy, and my failures into
triumphs.
Today,
am a wife (of 17 years) to an awesome husband/father, and the mother of 3
wonderful children ages 15, 13, and 7. I
am also an Army Veteran who served 10 years of active duty, college graduate
with a Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy, and works as a Forensics
Behavioral Health Counselor.
The sport of triathlon for me,
emulates life. The distance, effort, and
racing terrain can be daunting; however, when courage, faith and perseverance
come together, it manifests something that NOTHING can take away. Conquering the “unachievable” and finishing
well (the icing on the cake) becomes an insurmountable reward. Challenges can’t be overcome without the
previously stated: courage, faith, and persistence. Eternal peace, love, and joy can’t be
obtained without God: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
God has taken me on a wild adventure,
in which I have learned to run towards challenges, rather than run away. To welcome pain instead of fearing it… I’m
not sadistic, I promise! I know God
works everything out for the good, because I love Him and can trust He knows what’s
best for me and for the people in my life.
I was not born for myself, but to fulfill His purpose, and Love EVERYONE he puts in my path.
https://issuu.com/halespublishing/docs/issupro_67cbd50e5639e9
I was not born for myself, but to fulfill His purpose, and Love EVERYONE he puts in my path.
https://issuu.com/halespublishing/docs/issupro_67cbd50e5639e9
We
love because He first loved us.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not
boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it
is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
And
so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in
love lives in God, and God in them.
Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
Romans 12:10 
Comments
Post a Comment